Bharat Ane Nenu (English: I, Bharat) is a 2018 Indian Telugu-language political action drama film written and directed by Koratala Siva, starring Mahesh Babu, Kiara Advani and Prakash Raj in the lead roles. The film is about Bharat, a student who unexpectedly becomes the leader of Andhra Pradesh and his attempts to reform politics. The film was released on 20 April 2018 to positive reviews and became the 3rd highest-grossing Telugu movie of all time. The film’s dubbed versions were later released in Tamil as Bharat Ennum Naan and in Malayalam as Bharat Ennum Njan on 31 May 2018. It grossed around ₹230 crores in its full theatrical run. The film was also dubbed into Hindi as Dashing CM Bharat and released in selected theatres on 2 November 2018.
Plot Bharat Ane Nenu
Bharat, a graduate raised in London clueless about the future becomes the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh due to the circumstances. New to India and with no political knowledge he learns the ropes quickly and governs efficiently. However, while he endears himself to the crowd, he makes enemies out of the political class, including his own party members who create trouble for him and try to stop him from bringing in changes in the society.
- Mahesh Babu as Bharat Ram (Chief Minister of Undivided Andhra Pradesh)
- Kiara Advani as Vasumathi
- Prakash Raj as Varadarajulu “Nanaji”
- R. Sarathkumar as Raghava Rao, Bharath’s father
- Devaraj as Opposition Leader Sripathi Rao
- Aamani as Bharath’s mother
- Sithara as Bharath’s stepmother
- Posani Krishna Murali as Minister